Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,225 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | Yeah, half that truck's been painted in that old cardboard box. At one time I even had a pancake fan and drier hose sucking fumes from the bottom to the outside.
To get the stencils cut I had to go with a couple of dozen of them. After making some adjustments to the letter spacing I had them cut and tried the first one. It was to late to change them but it struck me that I could have eliminated the dividers, so I spent a few minutes trimming and patching the first one with the X-Acto knife and some masking tape. I've seen the original logos with and some without the stencil dividers; I suppose it depended on which plant they were coming out of. Wish I could have them made as cheap as the stickers but these were much more expensive to make especially in very small quantities. But, they are painted as the original was and you don't have a clear carrier outline that the stickers have to give it away.
Well I hope the 'Bolt is still around for your grandson Alvin and I hope I can keep up my album for years to come. I want to thank Woody for turning me on to the pbase album, it's really a pleasure not to have to put up with the crap that Webshots, Photobucket and the others shove at you. Denny Graham Sandwich
Last edited by Denny Graham; 12/26/2009 12:17 AM.
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | | |
Entire Thread
|
“Thrift master”, no decal, no sticker, just paint!
| Denny Graham | 12/24/2009 3:18 AM |
Re: “Thrift master”, no decal, no sticker, just paint!
| Yelostn78 | 12/24/2009 3:56 AM |
Re: “Thrift master”, no decal, no sticker, just paint!
| 53moneypit | 12/24/2009 3:37 PM |
Re: “Thrift master”, no decal, no sticker, just paint!
| crenwelge | 12/24/2009 5:46 PM |
Re: “Thrift master”, no decal, no sticker, just paint!
| Scott Danforth | 12/25/2009 2:20 AM |
Re: “Thrift master”, no decal, no sticker, just paint!
| bowtietim | 12/25/2009 5:17 AM |
Re: “Thrift master”, no decal, no sticker, just paint!
| Achipmunk | 12/25/2009 9:30 PM |
Re: “Thrift master”, no decal, no sticker, just paint!
| Denny Graham | 12/26/2009 12:06 AM |
Re: “Thrift master”, no decal, no sticker, just paint!
| Virginiafiretruck | 12/29/2009 10:44 PM |
Re: “Thrift master”, no decal, no sticker, just paint!
| Hankdogg | 12/30/2009 2:06 AM |
Re: “Thrift master”, no decal, no sticker, just paint!
| Denny Graham | 12/30/2009 2:31 AM |
Re: “Thrift master”, no decal, no sticker, just paint!
| Hankdogg | 01/03/2010 7:21 AM |
Re: “Thrift master”, no decal, no sticker, just paint!
| Hankdogg | 01/10/2010 3:43 AM | |
| |