I bought one 235 online from a guy that said it had been overhauled sometime before he owned it. I said I would take it and drove 100 miles to get it. It had no intake/exhaust/carb. The gaskets were dried up, but the inside did look fairly clean. I was not happy, but I had said I would buy it before seeing it. I paid $200. Next one I saw and heard run (it smoked). It was complete including the belhousing/clutch/pressure plate. Paid $50.00. if the $200 turns out to be a good one and with the parts off of the other one, I will come out OK. But time will tell. Like has already been said, buy from someone you know or hear it run or take you chances. I have lucked out on some V8 deals and burned on some. I guess it balances out, but it can be frustrating.
Roy