I don't know what to use but I know what not to use. I bought a 58 that had a Saginaw 4 speed in it. The shifter was shot so I ordered a economy priced Hurst from one of the big speed shops. I am not going raceing so I figured I didn't need any thing fancy. Well i've been driving manual trans. vehicles for 60 years & that was the slopiest, hard to find gears shifter I ever drove. Besides the shifter comes out right in front of the seat, almost under it. I switched to a T-5 5 speed & returned the shifter (see blackballed in The Greasy spoon.) This one comes out a short distance from where the factory 4 speed would be. I havn't driven it on the road yet but I have done 2 other T-5 conversions & they work real good.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum