| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,090 Posts1,056,347 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#60087 05/07/2006 1:43 AM | Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 103 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 103 | 4.3in84toy I moved the 53 perches in to center about 3" so they matched width between original 40 springs .welded them on same as they came on 53 -front side of housing - they fit on spring center bolt ok- looks like tire will be 1" or less off center of wheel well. I checked drive spline yoke it is 3&1/4 inches deep when I pushed housing forward to pearch, drive line stayed back in yoke 1&1/4 inches it should move both ways when road has bumps. I have read post that 48-49-50-pass car with 6 lug axel will slip right in 53 powerglide rear so I can stay 6 lug? Anyone done this? thanks for your help I will post if problems arrise. Bill [img]http://[/img] [img] DSCF0030perchtacked.JPG [/img] | | |
| |
| |