I'm Dave Garcia, Californian, native to the central coast,Monterey Bay north side east of Santa Cruz,very rural and loving it. A few years ago , while visiting a friend, lighting hit the big redwood tree in his nieghbors yard and dropped 100 feet of tree into his yard. It broke the corner of his house,glanced off of another friends pick up and slammed my 74 chevy van, insurance claims for the van where rejected..."act of God". 2 months later at a local lumber yard , a fellow woodworker was teasing me,"What'd you hit"? I told my story and wondered out loud, not for the first time, "I gotta find another van". Thats when Jim says that hes got a 53 Chevy Panel in his garage and I should come have a look.It's been sitting for 12 years,stripped down and painted(badly painted)and Jim has lost interest in it,I can have it for $2500, it runs but it needs to be assembled. Although it appears that all the parts are there,well most of you know what I found out, if it is apart, it's not all there. Swap meets, E-bay,word of mouth and the stovebolt page,I have enjoyed even the frustrating bits and would probably do it again. Not that I'm finnished yet, is there such a thing as finnished?

Last edited by Peggy M; 05/09/2025 10:01 PM.

1953 Chevy Panel

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix in Photobucket

"I'll just use your crumple zones thanks."