I hope you are all enjoying getting outside and smelling like old truck again. I sure am.

Here are the latest symptoms.

Engine starts and has a lumpy bumpy idle.
I ran a compression test.

1-5 at or near 95psi
6 perhaps 10psi. Hard to read that low.

Tried adding oil through the sparkplug hole.
No change to #6 compression.

Stuck / burnt valve(s) right?

Next test.

Engine at Idle. Just for grins I pulled the plug wire off of #6. No real change. No surprises there.

Plug wire off of #5 - Motor lags
#4 engine lags
#3 NO CHANGE?
#2 NO CHANGE?
#1 engine lags

Checked plugs

#6 black/sooty (rich)
#5 rich
#4 rich
#3 clean as a whistle
#2 clean like #3
#1 rich

What the heck is going on? Why does this thing run at all?

What should be my next step?


-Joel


'52 3800 Panel
School bus conversion... Glass all around. (check the gallery!)

outside of a dog, a book is a man's best freind.
inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
-Groucho Marx