Just went to check out a local '70 model Chevy COE 60 Series. It looks a lot like Mike B's recent purchase, but not in near the condition. It has some rust through in the steps and the fender wells, but the rest of the cab and floorboards look solid. It is an original 427 ci truck and had a 427 crate motor installed 4 years ago. The 5-speed tranny was replaced 2 years ago. It has a 2-speed rearend and the owner said it will do 70 mph comfortably.

The truck was used by the owner to haul water for his sistern, but now he has city water and no use for the truck. There is a 1,000 gal water tank chained down to the 12' all-steel bed, which has a dual cylinder hoist under it. I didn't drive it today because the rain started, but the engine sounds fine.

I don't need another truck right now, but I can get this one for $800 with the title. I'm thinking that the engine, tranny and bed are worth that. Any thoughts?

Thanks, George