| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,083 Posts1,056,331 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#59446 04/20/2006 6:47 PM | Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 31 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 31 | Howdy guys! This is my first post!
I'm swapping the rear axle housing out on my 53 3100 with one from the local yard. (Previous owner broke the driver's side axle, and ground about 2" off the brake backing plate on the asphalt.) The ten 3/8 fine thread studs that are pressed into the old housing are really chewed up from rocks, and there are no studs left on the new housing. I know I'll probably mess up one or two getting them pounded out and pressed back into the new housing, so I'd like to get new ones. The old geezer at Napa didn't even want to look them up (even though I know lots of rear ends probably use this same type of stud). Anybody know a source for these studs, or a reasonable replacement? (They look just like little wheel studs). I don't want to use regular bolts for fear of play and pain of installing them once housing is in place.
Thanks guys- You're the best! -squarenutz | | |
| |
| |