| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,090 Posts1,056,369 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 208 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 208 | I just replaced my rear brakes (the fronts too) & they were a pain to get the new shoes to fit inside the drum. I ended up using a rubber mallet & tapping around on the brakes until everything was centered up.
I then put the drum on as far as I could & flailed on it with the rubber mallet until it popped on.
Then I adjusted them until they were just right -
Sometimes you have to consider that most of this is made from iron & they were desigend to take a beating.
Last edited by Midget Farmer; 11/15/2009 2:38 AM.
| | |
| |
| |