Greetings all! I used to snoop around this website several years ago and it didnt have a forum then as I recall. I'm Very glad to be here and looking forward to making lots of new friends. I have several hobbies that demand alot of time but hope to get back to working on my Stovebolt and getting some inspiration here. I own a 1958 1 ton panel truck. All stock. Here's it's story as best as I can recall. It was built in Oakland California for the U.S.A.F. and served it's time in Alaska on an Air Force base but not sure what it's particular job was. It was then sold to some folks in Colorado. I was told by the third owner that they actually lived in the thing for a time which, I believe because they actually cut a hole in the roof for a stovepipe! Sounds like some sort of a hippie commune to me. Anyway they moved to Ohio where it was sold to the guy that I bought it from. He moved to California and then here to Virginia where I bought it some years back. He had put a new 235 short block in her and tried to fix it up some but a few of his modifications where big mistakes. It was driveable when I got it but it needed alot. I got fired up and did alot of work to it a few years back mostly cosmetic things like removing the shag carpet from the dashboard and rpainting it, replacing the front seats since it had the original drivers seat and a captains chair for a passenger seat. I removed the hasp and padlock brackets that been wood screwed onto two of doors and glove compartment. Got the rear doors working and did a few things under the hood that were needed but my mechanical expertise is extremely lacking so hope to get lots of tips and advice going forward as my interest in the truck is back and would love to use it in conjuction with some of my other hobbies.My other truck is a '68 Chevy G10 panel van. Remember those old forward control wonders? It was given to me and I couldnt refuse as I spent many a high school day in a good friends creating some great memories. It has even a further ways to go to get restored but my focus will be on the 58 first. Again good to be here hope I dont ask too many stupid questions and become a pest.