Originally Posted by Unsafe6
..Most of us don't haul any real loads with our trucks so do you think it will hold up under normal use?
Most of us?
What are trucks for then?

If you truly do have a 1 ton truck and don't plan to ever haul anything I expect you'll get away with it and be happy.
But I really do find it hard to believe you won't ever haul a load of firewood, bricks, mulch.. the list goes on.
Truck are by design are extremely useful for hauling stuff.
I suppose if you take a 1 ton truck and castrate it it'll still look like a truck, but won't perform like it once did, might let you down when you need a truck with.. what's the proper term?.. balls?.

I've got a few T-5's here and just judging by appearance and original use I'd be scared to put one in my 1 ton pickup.
A loaded 1 ton AD truck can weight 8,800 lb (or more), what's the max GVW on a vehicle with a T-5 originally?

Grigg



•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-