| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,121 Posts1,056,328 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | I have used original single-barrel Rochesters (matched 261 carbs) on a 261 engine and it ran as well or better than the dual two-barrel Carter-Weber carburetors I am now running.
The only way to really know what set-up is more fuel efficient is to run a test.
The only way to know what extra power might result from two carbs is to measure the hp.
I think that I have noticeably more power with two carbs. I have as good or better fuel economy with two carbs. I think that two carbs looks good (and, I think that two original Rochesters with original air cleaners looks the most interesting).
Tim
| | | |
Entire Thread
|
Question on Carburaters, '54, 235
| jbaker | 11/11/2009 5:31 PM |
Re: Question on Carburaters, '54, 235
| WE b OLD | 11/11/2009 6:08 PM |
Re: Question on Carburaters, '54, 235
| 49Brian | 11/11/2009 8:17 PM |
Re: Question on Carburaters, '54, 235
| Jivermo | 11/11/2009 8:36 PM |
Re: Question on Carburaters, '54, 235
| jbaker | 11/11/2009 8:57 PM |
Re: Question on Carburaters, '54, 235
| tclederman | 11/11/2009 9:18 PM |
Re: Question on Carburaters, '54, 235
| jbaker | 11/12/2009 1:05 PM | |
| |
| |