Originally Posted by Magilla88
Modern engines have power and torque but more expensive parts and tools needed to repair.
A 350 Chevy is about the cheapest motor possible to buy and maintain. If that is what it came with I'd replace it with another one. If the existing one can't be fixed cores are usually cheap.

You can rebuild a 350 Chevy for less than the cost of misc performing an engine swap.

Now if I were thinking about replacing the motor in a C3500 and wanted something big and cheap, I'd look for a Cadillac 500. No heavier than a big block, but more torque and often available nearly free.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...