| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (1955 1 Series, Otto Skorzeny, KEVINSKI, Lostbuthaulinass, Peggy M, tclederman, 2 invisible),
92
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,142 Posts1,056,478 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 687 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 687 | I keep forgetting that this vehicle was built 68 years ago. Specifications like total advance were not in the origional equasion. Hell they didn't even have a Sun distributor machine untill the early 60's. I guess I'll just have to monkey around with the timing untill I get best performance and no ping. I still don't understand the (octane) adjustment that is calibrated on the base of the distributor. I'll bet it was so you could run the engine and have a referance point to make fine adjustments to the timing as needed.
I didn't do it, no one saw me do it, you can't prove anything! "Bart Simpson" | | |
| |
| |