| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Gray_Ghost, dt235sd, Steelonsteel, Nick in Manitou, frogfarmer, Bill Hanlon, mick53),
103
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,268 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 150 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 150 | My truck is 1954 Chevy 3100 and currently has 283CI with original 4 speed trans and torque tube drive shaft & rear end.
I was told that the rear end I plan to upgrade my truck has 3.55 gears so I have been planning for an OD transmission upgrade. Turns out the rear end ratio is (15:41) 2.73 ratio. No OD required.
I want a top loader 3 (if there is such a thing) or 4 speed that would be compatible with my current bell housing and clutch. What years and models are my choices? I know it would begin with 1955 - ??. | | |
| |
| |