Been looking at the forums post for a a couple weeks... Much information is here and have already used some...

My project has been going on for many years, just got my 54 Chevy 3100 to where I live now so I can work on it... The project started many years ago but as things happen I did not have the time and resources to effectively work on it...

This truck was purchased new by my Grandmother... She used it until the mid 1960's when she gave it to my father... He drove to work at the local lumber mill for several years... We would take it out hunting and fishing in the mountains... It has hauled countless loads of firewood... It was the first vehicle I drive, always have liked the big steering wheel and how easy it turned... About 5 years ago my father gave it to me... So finally I got the time and resources to get it back into shape...

For the last few weeks it has been major rust removal in the cab... Took out the seats gas tank, the headliner and such has long been gone... Pulled out the gas tank only to find a few hand fulls of rocks deposited by my nephews when the were young... Wonder why it did not want to run well...

So my plans are to turn back into a usable working truck... The engine does run... It is not the original but is still the 235 just the casting from 58-62 block hooked up to the hydramatic... I have the original engine it is just in prices, and the original hydramatic, so that will be another project in the future...


1954 Chevy 3104 3 Window Hydra-Matic in my family for over 60 Years

Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right... "Scarlet Begonias" Grateful Dead 1974