I'm in the process of putting a C20 IFS under my '55 1st GMC 1-ton. I've built brackets to fit the IFS to the frame and also to mount the steering box and idler arm.

Search my name here and I think you'll find a fair amount of description and links to photos of my work.

You'll also find my descriptions of two other 1-ton trucks with a similar IFS conversions. One of those was successful enough that the owner/builder has driven it tens of thousands of miles. I wanted to find people with trucks they actually drive in order to make sure I'm getting input from people who have succeded and not just those who have slapped things together.

Unfortunately life has distracted me and I'm not currently able to finish my project. I'm happy to dialog about specifics if you have questions about my projects.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...