I am trying to figure out how to get A/C into my 1955 (2nd) Suburban. Vintage Air sells a complete kit for a truck but nothing Suburban specific. I don't expect that it can handle the added 120 cu. ft. of cabin space that comes with a Suburban.
Can I just add ductwork and vents to get the air into the back or do I need added heating and cooling capacity? If capacity is needed do I just add a second evaporator under the seat or does the compressor and condensor need to be larger also? Is there anyone out there that has done this?
Also, is A/C on a 235 going to be a problem? Vintage Air's site shows A/C only on V8's thought their manual list info for the 235?
Is there anyone out there that has gone down this road before?
Last edited by Burb'r; 10/05/2009 7:06 PM.
Burb'r
--------------------------------
CHARACTER, The Only Building Project You Never Finish.--------------------------------
1955 2nd Series Chevy Suburban(2) Modern Vehicles that get me around