Originally Posted by tyler h
anyone do an IFS on a 1ton frontend?
Far as I am aware there are no IFS kits for a 1-ton. The thickness, height and modulus of the 1-ton frame are all bigger than a 1/2-ton so a 1/2-ton would not easily fit.

There are 1-tons around that have IFS for sure, but they were built by the owners in every case I'm aware of.

The 1-ton sheet metal, except for the bed sides, is the same as the smaller trucks, so no problem using it as a body donor. There are people always looking for that nine-foot 1-ton bed, so don't mess with cutting it, sell or trade to someone who wants it for the one you want.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...