Our 4400 was converted at some point to 12V. The previous owner was using a homemade battery tray bolted to the firewall in the engine compartment to hold the battery. Looks pretty bad in my opinion. So, we want to move the battery back to where it belongs. Problem is the 12v battery we have is too wide to fit in the origional compartment.
Any one have a suggestion on a battery that will fit in the undercab tray, but still have enough cranking amps for the 235? The tray is in great shape and the cover is also in great shape so it'd be a shame not to use it, right?
Thanks.
I use a Delco battery in my 48, 6400. I will see if I can get the link to the photo's to work. I put the tape measure in the pic's for reference.
This battery has worked real well for me, no problems starting. It is a Delco ACD25-60. Cold cranking is 560.
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2259161380105657792EHAoLx