Hey Bubba,

It can be done. Dpends on your skill levels, space, tools, time and flexability. I am doing it now! 49 cab to '80 donor. Difficulty could be from 6 to 12 on the scale to 10.
If your cab is solid, you won't have as much to do as did I. Be aware the dimensions from the steering wheel to the center of the front axle differ considerably. At the least you will need to reconfigure the steering column, etc. With mine I chose to section the truck and go wider by 6".
http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz296/BAFTUB/49Chevwideconcept.jpg
Then more and more section, stretch etc. More to follow in a few days.

-Rick

Last edited by Rick Metcalfe; 09/29/2009 4:08 PM.

The sooner we get older, the later we get smarter.
The Older I get, the Faster I was!


1945 Chevy Art Deco 2-Ton Truck ~ El Gringo Loco
1949 Chevy Magnum Cab ... to be!