Steve,
I beg to differ with you. Re-arching does work. I've done it many times. If you take the springs from the truck, you will see that they are indeed arched when the wieght is off of them. Due to the nature of high carbon steel, re-arched springs are stronger than new ones...the arch will not collapse. Take each spring...left and right...apart. Arch the collapsed spring to match the same curve as the good spring. Check each leaf. Usually, the top two are the only ones you need to worry with. I've arched many with hand tools for off-road guys who were gonna spend a fortune for lift kits. Of course, if you want to spend a lot of money, there's a lot of people who will line up to take it from you. Shocks do not support the weight of the truck and, unless they are mangled, will not affect the stance of the truck. Just trying to save you some money. If you want to know how to do it, send me PM. Jim