Hello Tim,
I'm Dan and I am also new to this site. I just bought my '46 half ton short bed earlier this month. You and I will have a lot in common. Mine has a 350/350, Jag rear end, fully independent suspension front and rear, four wheel power discs and power rack and pinion. The one thing that was truly bad about my truck was the wiring. I am having it professionally rewired as I write this. I am really looking forward to seeing it done when I get back from the trip I am currently on.
Check out jimcartertruckparts.com and chevsofthe40s.com for parts. They will have the cowl vent bolts in stainless (I know cause I just bought them too!). In fact I bought all the rubber and windlaces for the doors, cowl vent and windshield. If you do a search on my user name you'll see pictures of my truck and also on 67-72chevytrucks.com under the 47-59 forum.
I just bought a nice set of seat frames for mine and have my original seat frames (that need some repair) but on a temporary basis so I can drive it around while I work on it, I bought a third row bench seat from an '02 Ram van that fits really well as is. Plus, they are cheap. Anyway, rambling now. I'll be watching for your posts, take care.