I've read my Shop Manual and dozens of threads in this forum, but I'm still confused about oil flow in my rebuilt '59 235. Did I install this
copper tube correctly?? The tube appears to carry oil from a drilled passage in the head to the rocker arm shaft. Is this correct?
The shop manual calls this tube an "overflow tube" which confuses me. The shop manual seems to suggest that oil is flowing the opposite direction through this tube - from the rocker arm shaft into the head. Which is it? How does oil get from the drilled passage to the rocker arms, and how does oil return to the pan? The good news is, I'm getting a lot of oil up top. It almost seems like too much. The oil basically squirts out of the holes in each rocker arm, and then down through the push-rod passages in the head. As always, thanks for the advice!