I am rebuilding the original tie rod ends on my 57 1/2 ton. The ends of the tie rod housing has a large slot & pin through it. I got the pins out and got one side off by using a thick chisel & vice grips & un-threaded the slotted end. I can't get the other end off. I twisted my chisel like a corkscrew.

Is there a special tool for doing this, or do I need to buy a huge flat screwdriver & turn it with a pipe wrench? headscratch


1957 Chevrolet 1/2-ton Stepside LB in the Gallery
My Photobucket shots

The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." - John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)