| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,088 Posts1,056,416 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 554 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 554 | When I purchased my truck the wheels had been sitting in the bed for 24 years without tires. The first thing I had to do was get the rust off the wheels and get some tires so I could move the truck. Wire brushing wasn't going to cut it. After checking around I found out Les Schwab would ship them to their Oregon HQ's and sandblast and powder coat them inside and out for about $30 a wheel. I had to decide on a color then and there. My brain said black but somehow when my lips moved they said red. The wheels came out beautifully and look great. This is a great service I almost didn't find out about.
I may still keep the wheels red but they will not work well with some of the colors I have been thinking about lately. I am still a long, long way from painting the truck but the wheels are off again. If I decide I want a color other than red are there any special steps or precautions I should take that would be different than repainting regular painted wheels?
Chuck | | |
| |
| |