I know its not a truck or a stovebolt, but there is relavance.

To make a short story long, I loaned my 98 Trans Am to my step daughter ('cause I'm a nice guy?). After the return I needed to drive it but I noticed that the right rear bumper was falling off. The thingys that hold it on were broken. I just knew that at warp speed it would finish tearing the bumper off.

I was in a hurry to a meeting and could not find the duct tape. I did have packaging tape. You know that stuff that is great for closing up boxes to mail. So, using my body shop skills, I aligned the pieces and applied several sections of tape. I also was well aware of what happens when you tape a truck to be painted and get tied up (forget) with other projects (ask me how I know that). But at the time I had bought this car for the LS1 corvette engine and was going to part out the left overs. Advance about 6 months and I notice the tape curling at the edges (did I mention procrastination?). So dreading what I was going to find, I began to peal tape off. WOW! It came off like I had put it on 10 minutes ago. What little residue was there was (less that a inch square over about 2' square) wiped off with a damp towel. This stuff is better than anything 3-M tries to sell you for half the national budget. Lasts longer. Its better than duct tape!

I do not own any interest in any tape products, just wish I did.

And for now, the Trans Am is going into hibernation as a historic relic no linger made.

Now if anybody has already discovered this, please feed my ego and don't tell me. Thanks.

Last edited by 65 WonTon; 07/24/2009 12:01 AM.

Dave.

What's the last thing a red neck says, "Hey guys watch this."
What's the last thing a redneck hears, "Go ahead Bubba, you can do it."

Build plan: 65 Chevy one ton, 5.9L Cummins HO, NV5600 six speed, 2wd 1972-1987 IFS disk front, frame off restore/mod, custom dump/flat bed, Alcoa rims, Dana 70 3.73:1 duals drum rear, plush interior, Guards red with Marine Corps decals. Donor is retired 2002 Ram 2500, 194K miles.