Quote
Originally posted by carbking:


One 'trick of the trade'. We do NOT use the thin copper washers under the plugs (learned this trick from the Carter carburetor school instructor!). Instead we apply a drop of blue loctite to the thread of the plug.

Jon.
Sure wish I'd known that a couple of months ago. grin I FINALLY got the gas to stop leaking by the plugs using about 80 ft/lbs of torque on each plug. :mad: I'm still having a problem getting the float bowl gasket to seal correctly. I have a 38 W-1. The gasket that came with the kit was too small so I cut my own out of gasket material using the kit gasket as a pattern & cutting it a little larger. There are no gaps or openings that I can see. The float is not sticking. I've tightened the screws as tight as I dare. The car runs well, it's just that the side of the bowl is always damp. With the lid off you can watch the gas climb the side of the bowl (capilary action I suppose)cross the lip and start down the outside of the bowl. It's interesting to watch but frustrating when it happens with the gasket in place and the lid tight. Ideas? BTW like Stuart says thanks for being so helpful. smile smile


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.