I picked one up at Princess Auto here in Canada. Most of their stuff is Chinese imports so you get what you pay for. Mine was on sale for $50 Canadian (about 3.00 US!) and for occasional use works very well. If I was a pro & using it all day I'd buy a name brand but I sure am happy with this one for the money.

When I was looking at it in the store I got talking to another guy who claimed to make a living as a welder- he said he's got a $600 helmet for work but recommended I buy the cheap one. He said he has a couple just like it for spares and really liked them.I was thinking of walking away from it up until then so I'm glad I talked to him.

Maybe the store was giving him a commission for sales?


Dave
66 GMC- father /son project with the "GMC KID"
36 Chevy PU- 4x4 lifetime project
64 Skylark- wife says its hers