| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
13 members (Otto Skorzeny, Gdads51, TUTS 59, Jon G, Joe H, HandyAndy, greenie-reddy, Simso, 1955 1 Series, Southerntruck, Gib70, 3B, 1 invisible),
123
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,103 Posts1,056,183 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 237 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2006 Posts: 237 | I've got a Knapheid grain bed on my 1958 1 ton, with a non-original hoist set up. It's got twin telescopic cylinders (3.5" Glenco's) that likely came from a 2 ton. The pump (Gresen vane pump) and valve (unknown manufacturer) appear to be in working order. I cleaned them up and they look OK. The pump turns quite easily with fingers. I think these may have been original to the Knapheide hoist.
I just stumbled across a free gear pump / valve set up that came off a fairly modern truck (2+ ton truck). It looks to be of superior quality to the old pump / valve that I've got. It would also install much easier. I'd like to use it if I can.
The only manufacturer symbol I can find on the pump is a "W" insided a square. The valve has a "T" inside a triangle. Sorry I don't have pictures yet. It is very hard to turn this pump with my fingers.
Anybody know of a reason why I can't use this newer gear pump? Can the PTO off my SM420 handle the torque this pump may take to turn? Know who the maker of the pump and valve is? Should it be easier to turn the pump? Should I rebuild the pump and valve?
As always, Thanks!
| | |
| |
| |