you got an 8 lug, so you have heavy duty suspension. I got a 59 1 ton panel. I've towed a uhaul trailer with a 1950 Buick on it on a 150 mile trip. no probs. and just last week I towed a uhaul trailer with a corvair on it. no big deal you'd say, but I was also carrying about 2,000 pounds in my truck (2 Lincoln 370 engines). I've had no probs at all. I installed the hitch myself (Kurt,class I can't remember, something heavy). called the trailer place, gave them frame dimensions, and they sent me the hitch and I just bolted it on. you just have to remember to keep your distance, your brakes aren't as good as a new chevy 2500 truck. oh and all that towing above I do with a stock truck, 235 with a sm420 4speed trans (granny 1st, is great to get the combination rolling)


I LOVE MY TRUCK

1959 Chevrolet Apache 38 Panel Truck in the Gallery