Hi Everybody,

I haven't posted in years since I bought a basketcase 54 Chevy 1/2 ton, realized I was WAY over my head, and promptly sold it for a loss.

Now I'm back, and I just bought a 1957 Chevy Pickup, 3100, Stepside. Everything looks pretty original except for the engine. The previous owner put in a 327. It runs, but there is no way to drive it because the previous owner removed the shift linkage.

It had 3 on the tree, but the previous owner wanted to put in an automatic tranny. He started by removing all the shift linkage from the column, but that's as far as he got, because his health failed and I ended up picking up the truck for pretty cheap.

The truck has still got the 3-speed transmission and I figure I'll just reassemble the shift linkage he removed and keep the tranny that is in there now.

It looks like I have all the parts that he removed, but I have NO idea how they all go back together. All The pedals are removed, and the shift linkage from the shifter down the column to the tranny is removed as well. All I need to do is re-assemble it, but I'm pretty confused by it all.

Does anyone have any photos/diagrams/copies from a book that I can look at to reassemble this shift linkage and put the pedals back in?

The motor starts and runs fine, but I just can't put it into gear. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everybody,

Joe


Joe
1958 Chevy Pickup
1990 Ford F250
1997 Ford Ranger
2003 Harley Davidson