I posted in the welcome section but would like to get my truck into the gallery.

My name is Luke Anderson and I live in New Hope. I bought my truck about 2 years ago in a small rural town in Northern Minnesota. From what I know I am the 3rd owner. The first one was a farmer in Dent, MN, and the second was the dealer I bought it from in Parkers Prairie, MN.

After I made the trek up north to pick up the pickup, I proceeded to make the 2 hour drive back to Minneapolis. What an experience! I made it home only to find the water pump was shot, the brakes were a mess, the fuel gauge no longer worked, and the signals installed did not function. The truck is pretty much stock with a later model 235 straight six and a 4 speed manual transmission.

Since then, I have managed to repair the brakes all around, I'll be replace the master cylinder soon, fixed the gas gauge, and replaced the water pump-twice. But thats another story.

The truck was named Lucy, by my wife- who does not understand why a man needs a 60 year old truck, but lets me have one anyways. Its called Lucy- like the song Lucy in the sky with Diamonds. It was her wedding gift to me. She got a diamond engagement ring, and I got the old truck! Can't beat that!

My plan is to keep tinkering with it and to drive it whenever I get the chance. People LOVE these old trucks. I am a young guy (26) and I enjoy hearing peoples stories about how they had one on the farm, or learned how to drive in a truck like mine!

So here are the links to the picks:

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq59/BigblueL29/50%20Chevy/Newwheelstires005.jpg - My truck sitting in the driveway.

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq59/BigblueL29/50chev2lane.jpg - On the drive to Minneapolis from up north.
http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq59/BigblueL29/50%20Chevy/Lumber2.jpg - This truck is no trailer queen, I use it!
http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq59/BigblueL29/50%20Chevy/Lumber1.jpg

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq59/BigblueL29/SortThese2009168.jpg - Opened hood in the garage.
http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq59/BigblueL29/SortThese2009170.jpg - another engine shot.
http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq59/BigblueL29/SortThese2009191.jpg - The bed wood.

Last edited by Peggy M; 04/20/2025 9:30 PM.

-Luke

"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."

Story in The Gallery
Project pics on Photobucket