Thanks, Tim. I was looking at the kits from Jim Carter and Classic Parts.

My bell housing is either from a 54+ 235 or a 216. It had a 139 tooth flywheel with the 9 inch clutch setup. I acquired a 168 tooth flywheel for my 12V starter and found out it requires a 10 inch clutch setup. In case anyone doesn't know, the 9" clutch bolt pattern is smaller than the 10", of course, so my old won't even bolt up.

What I want to find out is if the perpendicular distance from the clutch/flywheel mating surface to the throughout bearing/pressure plate mating surface is different between the 9 and 10 inch clutch setups. Ultimately I want to know if it will fit in my bell housing with my original clutch fork arm, or if I need to find another bell housing and clutch fork arm. To use the same fork and throughout bearing, as I see it, would require that distance to be the same. Also, the distance the pressure plate spring depresses would need to be the same.


Dave