Quote
Originally posted by SixPac:
I'm not sure you can get anyone to split the exhaust manifold now days. I tried to use one of the recomended companies on this site and they told me they woudn't do the one on my 66 C10.
Yep, just got an email on that subject myself. Kansas Kustoms says the success rate with the newer I-6 manifolds is so low they don't take those jobs anymore. I think if you clean up the manifold to match the gasket and run the header pipe into a glass pack and then just dump the glass pack on the ground it is MUCH better than stock. My stock exhaust had something like five 90 degree bends in it! The problem with dumping a glass pack on the ground right at the header pipe is that it echos really loud in the cab, but hey, like I've often said, If it's to loud, you're to old!!! grin

Boo


We don't need no stinking V-8s!!