so. here goes

my 62 is up for sale, but if it doesnt sell, i will be making some subtle changes. With this in mind, im trying to get my materials together so i can do this smoothly.


I have the stock 4spd (SM420) trans, and i'm thinking of swapping for a T5. I have heard the pros and cons of doing this, but i haven't heard alot of other alternatives without going automatic.
So what manual trans can i pull out of what truck and what year for mine? i have the 235 inline.


Second, i know the best way to get some mileage and top end speed improvement is to swap the gears in the rear end. I am probably wrong, but im under the impression that the 12 bolt has a 4.11 rear while the 10 has a 3.93 or something like that. I thought i had counted a 12 bolt rear on my 62, but after having ripped up the bed wood today(and doing it in daylight) i found i have a 10 bolt. does this mean that my gear ratio is lower?