| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,088 Posts1,056,125 Members48,435 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#52355 11/14/2005 1:11 AM | Joined: Nov 2003 Posts: 113 Member | | Member Joined: Nov 2003 Posts: 113 | All, I am now tired of living in the slow lane and want to upgrade my gear ratio. Only problem is I don't know what rear-end ratio I have now. The vehicle is a 54 3100 with a 235 and Hydramatic four speed. I believe the rear end is stock. When I ring her out I can get about 65 according to my speedo, but cannot cruise at more than 55 without fear of blowing something. How can I figure out what ratio I've got and what I need?
Bruce (I love My Truck) Miller
1954 5 Window 3100 Chevy Pickup - Driver 1929 **** Model A Pickup - Restoration
| | |
| |
| |