| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,268 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 293 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 293 | I'll admit I don't know an awful lot about carburetors, so I need your help. My 1949 1/2-ton Chevy has a 1959 235 engine. The engine includes what appears to be the original single-barrel Rochester Model BC carburetor. The carburetor has an automatic choke which is controlled by a stovepipe from the exhaust manifold. Meanwhile, the 1949 cab has a manually controlled choke cable. I assume that by 1959 the automatic choke replaced the manual choke cable controlled by the driver in the cab. Is this correct?? I'd like to keep the manual choke. Is there a problem if I remove the stovepipe from the exhaust manifold and connect the manual choke cable from the cab?
My second question is also related to the choke. The linkage rod which connects to choke butterfly shaft to the throttle butterfly shaft is missing. What function did the linkage serve? Do I need this linkage if I plan to use the manual choke cable?
Thanks! | | |
| |
| |