| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
150
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,180 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 31 Member | | Member Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 31 | Maybe some of you remember a few months ago I lost a fan blade while driving and it nicked the 'tator. I never had an overheating problem before. 'Cept when the old bellow style themostat stuc 1/2 open; 1/2 closed. Yanked it and went to the closest parts store and was told, "No way man". Knowing he was full o'crap, I simply put it back together without one. Didn't have time to chase one down or to school the parts guy. :rolleyes:
So lately She's running 195' plus if I get on the highway and maintain 50 mph. It is full of 50/50 coolant, fresh oil {full}, starts and runs smoothly. Basically nothing has changed. Here is what I don't understand... When it is hot, I can take off the cap without fear of overflo, but it has a bit of foam at the neck. No water in the oil! Could the head gasket be leaking? It does seem to loose a bit of coolant periodicaly. But not out the exhaust. Engine has less then 30k original miles, hence the bellowed 'stat I removed.
Anyone wanna take this? TIA
Thomas
Thomas Mott 1949 GMC 250 1957 Dodge COE c-700 1959 Chris Craft 17' w/big journal 327 for more power
| | | |
Entire Thread
|
Running warm, '49 GMC 250, 228
| T. Mott | 09/03/2003 1:06 AM |
Re: Running warm, '49 GMC 250, 228
| Tony M | 09/03/2003 1:19 AM |
Re: Running warm, '49 GMC 250, 228
| reo_guy | 09/03/2003 1:33 AM |
Re: Running warm, '49 GMC 250, 228
| MarkW | 09/03/2003 2:19 AM |
Re: Running warm, '49 GMC 250, 228
| reo_guy | 09/03/2003 2:28 AM |
Re: Running warm, '49 GMC 250, 228
| T. Mott | 09/03/2003 5:11 AM |
Re: Running warm, '49 GMC 250, 228
| Joe H | 09/03/2003 7:09 AM |
Re: Running warm, '49 GMC 250, 228
| T. Mott | 09/03/2003 11:51 AM | |
| |
| |