64C10 n all,
I have made my decision on the spare placement, but, still toying with ideas on fuel tank - under bed or under seat. Right now it is in cab but just not diggin' it.
But to your project - earlier I seriously thought about cutting the front of the bed wood out a bit and mounting the spare, upright, just aft of the cab in the front of the bed, and low enough to clear back window view. It would require a metal "trough/cup" to be fabbed and mounted to nest the spare in but that would be easy enough. I could not do it because of drive shaft clearance and tire size combination. My tires are 31" tall on a 16" wheel. Seen a tire mounted here once with smaller wheel/tire combination and I think look nice, and had all the advantages.
This allowed the guy to put a chevy van/suburban tank between the rails back there - and get this 30 gallons! Options go from 22 to 30 I beleive. Steel and new for 100 bucks or so.
Cavebull
Just thoughts,
Brett


cavebull
Stovebolts - so easy even a Cavebull can do it.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dodsonbrett/collections