Yes, the Chevrolet Accessory Installation Manual you provided the link for is similar to the one I have. However, mine is for 1949 Passenger Cars and Trucks. The illustrations in the manual do not show a washer push button or a pump on top of the washer jar. In the '49 manual two hoses from the jar are shown - one hose goes to the wiper vacuum motor, (located in the center of the dash). The second hose has a "T" or split so it can be routed to the base of each wiper where special nozzles must be installed. As mentioned, the jar does not have a vacuum pump on top of it like I've seen in some photos or like the one in the '51 accessory manual. So, it seems like in '49, the fluid would pump every time the wipers were turned on. I suspect that having washer fluid pump every time the wipers were engaged was not "acceptable" and that a push button enhancement was added in '50 or '51 for better driver control. If a push button washer was anticipated as an option in '49 I'd also suspect that there would be a knockout plug on the dash for such a button, (kind of like the the "radio delete" insert that's often traded on Ebay. I do not have such a knockout in the dash. However, there are two holes on the under curl of the dash between the ignition switch and the steering column - perhaps these holes are for mounting a push button washer switch? Ideas/comments?