Lucille - You ain't a guitar are you? Just kidding, but I too tried to do it myself and made a perfect mess of an old plate I ended up sending it to MoJoe Artworks (located somewhere here in the 'Bolts garage.) He did a nice job although I think now if I would have seen your instructions I could have done it myself. More than likely though it would still be hanging out in the garage awaiting my attention.

Although I run this plate on the front, and this registered YOM "Year of Manufacture" on the back I still get folks asking "what year is it? They also ask... does it have the original flathead in it? I smile and kindly explain.

Nice job,

Don


My 1941 in the Stovebolt Gallery
My Photo Album


But I tried, didn't I? ... At least I did that. RP McMurphy
The past belongs to the future...but only the present can preserve it.
Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone.