Jerry,

The fittings are flared. I gently test drove screwing the flare fittings into the radiator and they seemed to fit fine, smooth and no issues.

I talked it over with the local auto parts store I deal with prior to my purchasing the lines and fittings. The old guy didn't raise an issue with my description of how I was going about fitting it together.

So if I've messed it up big time... What does that mean? Next possible steps? Radiator shop to fix female ports on the radiator?

The link is to Classic Parts where I bought the radiator. If you enlarge the radiator picture you can somewhat see the type of female connections on the radiator. Might help...

http://www.classicparts.com/1955-59...tomatic-Transmission/productinfo/78-313/

Thanks,
Paul

Last edited by skraps; 02/22/2009 1:35 AM.

Paul
1956 Chevy Task Force Webshots
My wife puts knots on my head faster than I can rub 'em. That's why I ask knot-headed questions.