I just went through that last week. Changed out the old motor in my truck & what a job. Got the new motor in & found out the bell housing I got with the new motor was different than my old one so I had to jack the back of the motor up, take the starter linkage off, flywheel out & change bell housings. I got a break when the old motor that has been setting 30 years turned over with a pry bar.
Good luck with it. One way or another, you'll get er done.


1957 Chevrolet 1/2-ton Stepside LB in the Gallery
My Photobucket shots

The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." - John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)