I helped a young lady with her car at a mall after work. I warm it up a few minutes after it sits a few hours and drove 30+ min on the highway every day after work, stoped for 10 min to then help this lady. I had my hood open and hot engine running at idle for it had to have been 20-30 min. I kept touching the rad to make sure I was'nt getting to hot, the engine ran fine. I did think though that the rad should be hoter than it was. When I drove home the engine clearly ran smoother than it normally does and seemed to have a bit more "go" off the line and when shifting. Some tell me it's a 292 and others tell me it's a 250, I have to do my home work to find out for sure.
Could my engine be running to cold at operating/driving temp? (no temp gauge in truck) Thermostat, rad? It's always run great but it ran GREAT after this.This does'nt make sence to me.
