I am replacing the 235 in my 57 with a rebuilt 235 out of a 55. My motor had no oil filter canister on it and the motor I bought had one with it but it was not hooked up to it. I looked up a picture of where the oil lines are supposed to go from the filter to the motor. It appears the lower hose goes into the motor right where the oil pressure gauge line is connected on my old motor. Can anyone tell me where the oil pressure gauge line is supposed to connect to the motor?


1957 Chevrolet 1/2-ton Stepside LB in the Gallery
My Photobucket shots

The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." - John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)