I bought a new Heater Switch, for my 55 1st series pickup I ordered from one of the old chevy truck vendors, it is a Wells generic 3 speed type. I wired it and turned on the heater it run fine on high. I set the switch to medium and the fuse or resister , the ceramic tube with the coiled wire around it, lite up like a Christmas tree only one half of it.Its glowing red. and it did it on the slow position also. I noticed when the heater was on high the amp meter went way down -, and when it was on medium or slow and got glowing, it did not draw hardly any amps on the amp meter. Is that normal to get that hot? I would appreciate some comment on this. The motor seems to run good. I don't know. I appreciate the help.


" Hard Times Don't Last , Strong People Do."