| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
13 members (Otto Skorzeny, Gdads51, TUTS 59, Jon G, Joe H, HandyAndy, greenie-reddy, Simso, 1955 1 Series, Southerntruck, Gib70, 3B, 1 invisible),
123
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,103 Posts1,056,183 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2000 Posts: 179 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2000 Posts: 179 | This is sure a timely post for me. I am getting ready to put the finish on my pine planks shortly. - http://etv.net/users/jmcneel/59.html#BED - I was going to use POR15, but the planks have such a nice grain that I may use something else. I have some of the Minwax "HELMSMAN" "clear" on hand as well as the POR15. Eventually I plan to build more garage space to keep my '59 out of the elements, but it's at least a year out. The wood will see at least a year of exposure before I get it done. One idea I have entertained was to lightly sandblast the wood to contrast the grain pattern so it would still be visible after applying POR15. Has anyone seen that done?
Joe McNeel
http://mcneelnet.com/~jmcneel/59.html
| | |
| |
| |