Hi,I have been enjoying this site for a while but have just joined because I'm getting serious about pulling the trigger on a '50 3600. I'm amazed at the collective knowledge contained within the members of this site (and humbled) I, like most of you have fallen in love with these trucks especially the AD series. I have found a 1950 3600 that I am itching to buy I just need a little help with reality maybe. I actually intend to drive this vehicle approximately 2-3 times per month as a work truck. While I prefer the 3600 for the longer bed it seems that there are a nymber of factors that make a 3600 less functional. There seems to be a lo less conversion parts for brakes and transmissions/differentials that make the truck less "modern" in it's drivability. I would like to be able to drive this truck distances of approximately 40 miles per trip and it would be a bonus to achieve 55-60 for short runs on highway.
This truck has a 235 in it which seems like a plus.
Any thoughts are greatly appreciated
Last edited by J Lucas; 02/17/2009 4:22 AM.