Groaning is the word I'm describing here.

I took the 66 out to the filling station for the first time and then proceeded to get some more actual road experience. Due to a groaning noise, I recently drained and refilled the trans. w/new fluid, it still groans. However, I aptly determined that it only does it in 3rd and 4th gears. Are one of the gears common to 3rd and 4th gear? I think I'm in for a trans. rebuild. Hey, that's better than an engine rebuild, right?

Prior to this (before a trans. fluid chg.) I thought it sounded like it was dry, hence the drain, clean and refill. This seemed to not make much of a difference. frown It still groans.

Rance

PS: Good news from this run down the road is that I think my rpm's at 60 will be OK for a while. Maybe not a Big Grin ( grin ) but at least a smily ( smile ).


66 C10 FS/LB 292/4-spd manual (I also enjoy Hang Gliding)
I'm too sexy for my hair, that's why it isn't there